As concerns over the social and cultural impact of the omicron variant of COVID-19 accelerated in recent days -- with record numbers of Oklahomans hospitalized and a surge in "breakthrough" infections -- leaders of Brightmusic decided to postpone the Tuesday evening (January 11) performance of the classical music ensemble.
The much-anticipated performance of "Symphonic Strings" will be rescheduled at a later date, Brightmusic leaders told The Oklahoma City Sentinel.
Signage will be affixed to doors of the concert venue, First Baptist Church, 1201 N. Robinson Ave., Oklahoma City. Local radio and television stations, print media and other information sources were notified in the past two days.
Readers are encouraged to keep an eye on this newspaper's online "arts and entertainment" section, and Facebook page, for further information.
- Carol Hefner well-positioned to challenge incumbent Mayor Holt in February 8 election
- U.S. Supreme Court to consider McGirt Limits
- China's success taming virus could make exit strategy harder
- High court could limit 2020 tribal land decision in Oklahoma
- Stocks fall, have worst week since March 2020; Netflix tanks
- OPINION: Confusion and Clarity: Making Sense of the latest news in the 'McGirt' mess
- 19-year-old woman sets record for solo global flight
- Column: 'Games must go on' spiel grows weaker by the day
- Game camera catches construction site thieves red handed
- Carol Hefner launches campaign to replace incumbent Mayor David Holt
- Oklahoma County GOP endorses Carol Hefner for Mayor
- At Vegas summit, Oklahoma City State Senator Carri Hicks presents insights on childcare crisis and adult return to work
- Oklahoma Governor Kevin Stitt issues executive order addressing teacher shortage, keeping schools open
- Four arrested for "jackpotting" at local convenience store
- A tip of the hat to Russell Perry -- publisher of The Black Chronicle – as he joins former Governor Frank Keating for “a casual chat” on Tuesday (January 18).
- Scissortail CDC announces Oklahoma Hispanic Event Series for 2022
- City legislators Kirt, Munson file proposals they say will increase transparency for disabled Oklahomans on DDS waiting list
- Variety Care adds three new health care providers
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.