In this week’s edition of Capitol Report on News9, the CBS News affiliate in Oklahoma City, analyst Patrick B. McGuigan describes an interview with Kendra Horn, a candidate for the Fifth District congressional seat in central Oklahoma. The CapitolBeatOK editor said Horn told him she thinks winning the nomination and the general election will require raising and spending a million dollars – “a realistic budget,” he said.
Capitol Report for July 22: Kendra Horn eyes nomination for Fifth Congressional District seat; ‘War for Planet of the Apes’ is Great
Horn horns to “Flip the Fifth” in wake of special election victories that have boosted Democratic hopes in the capital city area. In other news, McGuigan praised the summer blockbuster film “War for the Planet of the Apes.” He said the third in the succesful “reboot” of the “Apes” series is epic, even Biblical, in scope, yet allows time for character development and emotional depth.
More from CommunityMore posts in Community »
- Black Caucus issues statement against Death Penalty on Eve of Julius Jones Rally
- Former UCO Professor Hall Duncan leaves legacy of teaching, writing, illustrating and kindness
- Norman School Board adopts Renewable Energy Resolution
- Overholser Mansion and Fried Drummond Home renamed to honor women
- Oklahoma Women in Aviation & Aerospace Day annual event features NASA speakers Kathy Leuders and Janet KarikaOklahoma Women in Aviation & Aerospace Day annual event features NASA speakers Kathy Leuders and Janet Karika