In this week’s edition of Capitol Report on News9, the CBS News affiliate in Oklahoma City, analyst Patrick B. McGuigan describes an interview with Kendra Horn, a candidate for the Fifth District congressional seat in central Oklahoma. The CapitolBeatOK editor said Horn told him she thinks winning the nomination and the general election will require raising and spending a million dollars – “a realistic budget,” he said.
Capitol Report for July 22: Kendra Horn eyes nomination for Fifth Congressional District seat; ‘War for Planet of the Apes’ is Great
Horn horns to “Flip the Fifth” in wake of special election victories that have boosted Democratic hopes in the capital city area. In other news, McGuigan praised the summer blockbuster film “War for the Planet of the Apes.” He said the third in the succesful “reboot” of the “Apes” series is epic, even Biblical, in scope, yet allows time for character development and emotional depth.
More from CommunityMore posts in Community »
- Mize Musings: Utility Consumer Protections, Rx marijuana, etc.
- State Rep. Mickey Dollens of Oklahoma City requests Interim Study on public benefit jobs initiative
- In law and in life, forming a team sometimes requires tolerating differences and knowing essentials
- It’s not complicated. It’s Oklahoma’s statehood
- Calm Waters to host free, in-person Summer Grief Workshop on June 29