Leaders of the Oklahoma City Jewish community have extended their invitation to a ceremonial lighting of a Hannukkah (also spelled Chanukah) Memorah on Tuesday evening (December 16). The event will begin at 5 p.m. at the Chicksaw Bricktown Ballpark.
U.S. Senator-elect James Lankford will join Rabbi Ovadia Goldman of the Chabad Community Center and other guests for the event. In a Facebook post, Rabbi Goldman said, “Help us celebrate the 1st night of Chanukah with the 2nd Annual Light Up Bricktown community menorah lighting event, with special greetings by the Honorable Senator-Elect James Lankford!”
There will be music, latkes, jelly doughnuts, and Chanukah gifts for all. This is a free community event, so families and friends are encouraged to celebrate together.
For information, visit http://www.jewishokc.com/ .
Community Chanukah Lighting scheduled for Dec. 16
More from CommunityMore posts in Community »
- Groundbreaking ceremony rescheduled for Aug. 4 for MAPS 3 Health and Wellness Center in south Oklahoma CityGroundbreaking ceremony rescheduled for Aug. 4 for MAPS 3 Health and Wellness Center in south Oklahoma City
- Commentary: Something that made an inquiring mind ask: ‘What’s up with that?”
- Voting for Anne Roberts “People’s Choice Awards” continues until Friday July 30 at 5 p.m.
- Skirvin and Paseo name Petra Germany as 2021-2022 Artist in Residence
- COCAR Invites Attendees to Sixth Annual Commercial Real Estate Summit
More from FaithMore posts in Faith »
- Brightmusic returns to Live Concerts with ‘Beethoven and Friends’ – Summer Festival concert series mixes old and newBrightmusic returns to Live Concerts with ‘Beethoven and Friends’ – Summer Festival concert series mixes old and new
- Cristo Rey Oklahoma City to host an evening of Royals, Judy Love will receive Legacy Award
- With inspirations from Kashmir and Oklahoma, from Viktor Frankl and her family, Nyla Khan creates
- Prominent Black OU Professor says ‘Race is a Myth’
- Uniting the World in Faith — Jehovah’s Witnesses Hold Global Virtual Event in 240 Lands, 500+ LanguagesUniting the World in Faith — Jehovah’s Witnesses Hold Global Virtual Event in 240 Lands, 500+ Languages
More from Front PageMore posts in Front Page »
- Santa Fe Family Life Center to operate Young Family Athletic Center
- Oklahoma Governor Kevin Stitt appoints new Attorney General
- ReMerge of Oklahoma County to benefit from Pay for Success contract
- August Art at Paseo’s First Friday Gallery Walk (August 6)
- Oklahoma State Representative John Talley of Stillwater will lead Interim Study on Opioid PrescriptionsOklahoma State Representative John Talley of Stillwater will lead Interim Study on Opioid Prescriptions