The Oklahoma Senior Follies returns to the Kirkpatrick Auditorium Stage at Oklahoma City University June 13, 14 and 15.
Under the production guidance of local theatrical legend Bobbie Burbridge Lane and the world class artistic direction of OCU’s Professor David Herendeen, the world-renowned stars of the Follies return for a fourth year. Dr. Herendeen runs OCU’s opera and musical theatre program.
Appropriately enough, the one and only Barry Switzer, beloved former football coach of the University of Oklahoma Sooners and the Dallas Cowboys, will reign as “king” of the 2014 Senior Follies. Friends told The City Sentinel that Coach Switzer accepted the fun assignment on one condition: “I don’t have to sing or dance, just watch.” OK: Maybe we made that up.
Inspired by the classic (and classy) style of the Ziegfield Follies, the Oklahoma Oklahoma Senior Follies is a Broadway-worthy revue filled with delightful music, humorous repartee among the performers and astounding talent. A community treasure, the Oklahoma Senior Follies will dazzle you. A wide range of stunning costumes, high-toned and jazzy dances and glorious music await those who make any of these performances.
(Incidentally, the Mobile Meals of Oklahoma County benefits from the event. Since the first performances in 2011, more than 70,000 meals have been provided as a result of the Follies.)
Opening performance is Friday, June 13 at 7 p.m., with spectacular matinee performances on Saturday, June 14 at 3 p.m. and Sunday June 15 at 3 p.m.
Kirkpatrick Auditorium is located on the OCU campus at N.W. 25 and Blackwelder.
For information on ticket prices and other questions, telephone 405-208-5227, or online visit okseniorfollies.com.
The Oklahoma Senior Follies is a joint project of Oklahoma City University and the Burbridge Foundation.
King Switzer Rules! 2014 Oklahoma Senior Follies to grace OCU’s Kirkpartrick Auditorium Stage
- OKC Zoo offers free general admission on select weekday afternoons In August
- Global Performance Artists come to Armstrong Auditorium in Edmond (Oklahoma) for 2021-2022 Season
- Goodwill Industries of Central Oklahoma to host Fashion Show for 85th anniversary
- OLLI at OSU to host Prelude to Justice: Art, Reform and the Work of Sister Helen Prejean
- Brightmusic returns to Live Concerts with ‘Beethoven and Friends’ – Summer Festival concert series mixes old and newBrightmusic returns to Live Concerts with ‘Beethoven and Friends’ – Summer Festival concert series mixes old and new