All of Oklahoma City can get lucky on Aug. 16, as OKC Beautiful hosts Casino Florale. The casino night will be filled with food, games and drinks, all to benefit beautification projects and education in Oklahoma City, said Kasey Stefffen for OKC Beautiful.
The Shoppes at North Park, 12100 N. May Ave., will play host to the event beginning at 7:30 p.m. Throughout the evening, attendees will enjoy food from local restaurants, including Rococo, Kam’s Kookery and Guilford Gardens, In the Raw and Cupcake Heaven.
Closer to Earth Youth Garden group members will lend a hand at the event by disposing of compostable materials for their garden, while OKC Beautiful staff will recycle all other materials.
OKC Beautiful executive director Lisa Synar said she is thrilled to make this improvement in the second year of the event.
“We don’t want our events to add a pile to the landfill,” Synar said. “We want to live our mission in all we do, even when we’re raising money to do it.”
Closer to Earth Youth Garden is a nonprofit dedicated to helping at-risk youths by fostering leadership capabilities and teaching gardening and landscaping skills.
Allen Parlier, executive director for Closer to Earth said these events should become more common because of the relief it provides to our growing landfills.
“Zero-landfill events reduce the strain on our landfills,” Parlier said. “At the same time, this event will give urban, unskilled youths the opportunity to contribute to improving the environment.”
Many items will be raffled during the fundraiser, including a week-long stay at a cabin in Crested Butte, a chef’s dinner for eight to be hosted in the winner’s home, a piece of furniture from Norwalk Home Furnishings and more.
Attendees will have the opportunity to try the “Viva Las Vegas” and “Viva OKC” specialty drinks presented by American Harvest Organic Spirit, as well as beverages from locally-owned Mustang Brewing Company.
Proceeds from the event will go to OKC Beautiful beautification projects and programs, including Mother Earth, Making OKC Beautiful Young Professionals, LitterBlitz and more.
Casino Florale will take place on Aug. 16 from 7:30 – 11:30 p.m. at the Shoppes at North Park. Tickets are $50 prior and $75 on the day of the event.
For more information, or to buy tickets, visit okcbeautiful.com (click the Casino Florale photo), by phone at 525-8822 or by sending a check to OKC Beautiful offices, 3535 N. Classen Blvd.
About OKC Beautiful
OKC Beautiful is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization dedicated to improving the image and appearance of Oklahoma City. OKC Beautiful provides programs that create clean and beautiful public spaces, reduce waste by increasing recycling and foster the next generation of environmental leaders. For more information, follow OKC Beautiful, visit OKCBeautiful.com.
About Casino Florale
Casino Florale is OKC Beautiful’s annual casino night to raise funds for beautification programs and projects in Oklahoma City. Tickets are $50 in advance and $75 on the day of the event. Admission includes playing money, drinks and hors d’oeuvres. Winnings will then be used as raffle tickets.
About Closer to Earth
Closer to Earth is a non-profit youth group empowering teenagers in Oklahoma City, and surrounding areas, through personal mentorship, organic gardening, and environmental and food justice advocacy. CTE mentors a diverse group of youth including youth serving court required or school required community service hours. It also offers youth the opportunity to gain job and leadership experience through stipend internships. CTE primarily works with youth who are referred to us by the city and county juvenile court systems and Oklahoma City schools.
OKC Beautiful to host zero-landfill casino night. Casino Florale to take place on Friday, August 16
More from CommunityMore posts in Community »
- Voting for Anne Roberts “People’s Choice Awards” continues until Friday July 30 at 5 p.m.
- Skirvin and Paseo name Petra Germany as 2021-2022 Artist in Residence
- COCAR Invites Attendees to Sixth Annual Commercial Real Estate Summit
- News Briefs from the Capitol: Ladies take the lead, Republican legislators don’t like Biden, and other newsNews Briefs from the Capitol: Ladies take the lead, Republican legislators don’t like Biden, and other news
- OKC Zoo offers free general admission on select weekday afternoons In August
More from Front PageMore posts in Front Page »
- Oklahoma Governor Kevin Stitt appoints new Attorney General
- ReMerge of Oklahoma County to benefit from Pay for Success contract
- August Art at Paseo’s First Friday Gallery Walk (August 6)
- Oklahoma State Representative John Talley of Stillwater will lead Interim Study on Opioid PrescriptionsOklahoma State Representative John Talley of Stillwater will lead Interim Study on Opioid Prescriptions
- Global Performance Artists come to Armstrong Auditorium in Edmond (Oklahoma) for 2021-2022 Season