Bishop McGuinness senior, Elyse Hight recently signed a letter of intent to play soccer for the University of Notre Dame. Elyse is the daughter of Joe and Nannette Hight of Edmond.
A three year member of National Honor Society, Elyse currently serves as the club Historian. She has been an active member of the French Club acting as President her sophomore year and Treasurer her junior year. Also as a junior, she was a Student Council Homeroom Representative. Other club organizations include Glee Club and Clancy Spirit Club.
Accumulating over 200 Christian service hours, Elyse volunteers for Kickstart Soccer League for Autistic Children, Matt Allen Cancer Drive and was instrumental in the Senior Service Project, Relay for Life.
Elyse is a multisport athlete who has lettered and started in four sports at McGuinness: soccer, basketball, volleyball and track.
She plays goalie for the Lady Irish soccer team posting a record of 31 shutouts for the last three seasons. The team was a state semifinalist in 2009, state finalist in 2010 and state semifinalist in 2011. In soccer, Elyse is a 3-time All-District and All-City selection and was chosen first team All-City in 2011. In 2010, she was named to the All-Star team at the Notre Dame Soccer Camp as well as the Bishop Kelley soccer tournament.
In basketball, Elyse averages 21 points and 8 rebounds a game. She was a vital member of the 2011 Bishop McGuinness Class 5A girls state championship basketball team, where she was named tournament MVP.
he was named to the Basketball All-State team in 2011 and 2012 and was named All-City in 2010 and First Team All-City in 2011. Recently named to the Oklahoma Girls Basketball Coaches Association’s All-State Team, Elyse will play for the Large West team in the game in early June.
Elyse has been a varsity Volleyball player since her sophomore year and is a three time state qualifier in shot put for the track team. Hobbies include playing the electric bass and singing. While at Notre Dame, Elyse plans to major in Business.
Bishop McGuinness senior, Elyse Hight recently signed a letter of intent to play soccer for the University of Notre Dame.
More from SportsMore posts in Sports »
- State Champion Norman High Lady Tigers recognized on state House Floor
- ‘Save Women’s Sports Act’ advances in Oklahoma
- Oklahoma Christian University stars DeMuth and Schiefelbein named to All-Star Conference Volleyball Conference for the springOklahoma Christian University stars DeMuth and Schiefelbein named to All-Star Conference Volleyball Conference for the spring
- Globetrotters draft pics include Oklahoma National Slam Dunk champion DaQuan Jeffries and Heisman Trophy winner Kyler MurrayGlobetrotters draft pics include Oklahoma National Slam Dunk champion DaQuan Jeffries and Heisman Trophy winner Kyler Murray
- Special Olympics Oklahoma kicks off 50th Anniversary with 2019 Winter Games