On Thursday evening, March 15, the community is invited to drop in and participate in a major fundraiser for the Boy Scouts of America Last Frontier Council at 3615.
The gathering will be at3625 N. McKinley in historic Putnam Heights (one block west of Classen on the southwest corner of NW 36th and McKinley). Several Scouts will be demonstrating their Merit Badge projects.
The Last Frontier Council has 10,542 Scouts and trains over 500 adult volunteers. Last year 200 new Eagle Scouts were awarded, 7,221 Merit Badges were earned, and 4,406 Boy Scouts and Cub Scouts attended summer programs including summer camp, resident camp, day camp and high adventure camp.
Many Scouts cannot afford the programs, so scholarships funds are needed. United Way provides about 19% of the budget. The rest must be raised.
The “Your House A to Z” team invites you to support the Boy Scouts of America and have an enjoyable evening.
• Oklahoma Residential & Commercial Inspection Association (ORCIA), an affiliate of American Society of Home Inspectors (ASHI), an organization of professional home & building inspectors, 532-1874
• A to Z Inspections and training, 405/412-7861
• Citywide Refrigeration, 405/692-0201
• Zahl-Ford Engineers, Inc., 405/634-3393
• Dad’s Plumbing, 405/602-2615
• Handymen R Us, 405/670-1733
• The City Sentinel, 405/605-6062
There will be inviting food, music, scouts and supportive members of the Midtown community in a historic setting in Putnam Heights. Donations of $5 to $5,000 – and everything in between will be all accepted with equal gratitude.