Bishop John Carroll School, located in Midtown at 32nd and Western, is sponsoring the one-woman play “Catherine of Siena: A Woman for Our Times.”
The acclaimed production will be held in the Connor Center at The Cathedral of Our Lady of Perpetual Help on Saturday, November 19, 2011. In this drama, Adrian Dominican Sister Nancy Murray (the older sister of actor Bill Murray) gives a wonderful and inspiring portrayal of one of the Catholic Church’s most influential women, St. Catherine of Siena.
Sister Nancy Murray is renowned for having the ability to capture an audience from the moment she enters the stage. Attendees will be transported back seven centuries and experience the life of St. Catherine in 14th century Italy. Critics have called Sister Murray’s performance “enchanting, informative and inspiring.”
The evening begins at 6:00 pm with hors d’oeuvres, wine reception and a Silent Auction, followed by the performance at 7:30 pm. Tickets are $40 in advance and $50 at the door. Contact Carolyn Watkins at 405-850-5087 or [email protected] to purchase tickets.
For sponsorship information, contact Lisa Edmonds at 405-818-6678 or [email protected] Seating is limited. This is an adult event.
Bishop John Carroll School brings “Catherine of Siena” to Midtown
More from Arts & EntertainmentMore posts in Arts & Entertainment »
More from Front PageMore posts in Front Page »
- Public Policy, and A Mother’s Love
- New evidence in death penalty case supports Julius Jones’ claims of innocence
- Over 6.2 million signatures supporting Julius Jones commutation presented to Oklahoma Pardon and Parole BoardOver 6.2 million signatures supporting Julius Jones commutation presented to Oklahoma Pardon and Parole Board
- Tower Theatre to host Free COVID-19 Testing Event on March 1
- OKC Pride Alliance to host inaugural Downtown Festival and Parade